Fish to add to two perculas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

105man

AC Members
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
What fish would you suggest to add to 20 gallon fish-only tank that has two percula clowns that have been cohabiting for quite a while?

Thanks.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
a shrimp goby, or possibly a basslet. Basically a small fish that won't attempt to live near the clowns host site. A pygmy hawk might work--depending on the inverts in the tank.

105man

AC Members
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
It's a fish-only tank, nothing but the two perculas in it. Not even live rock. Just crushed coral base, and an artificial decoration.

What would you think of a pygmy angel?

I had a couple of small black-gold chromis damsels in there a while ago, but I think the clowns attacked them.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I wouldn't add an angel to a tank without live rock. A shrimp goby would be better--it could digout a home under the decoration. I'd likely consider adding some addition items to the tank--either live rock, lace rock, or more decorations--fish need cover.

stellablu

AC Members
Nov 10, 2004
Port St. Lucie, FL
www.livejournal.com
You could get a Yellow Watchman Goby and a Pistol Shrimp. They form a relationship where they help keep one another safe and well fed. Here are mine...very cool to watch.

Most shrimp gobies will create this relationship with a Pistol Shrimp. I just like the Yellow Watchman the most. :)

I would recommend at least buying some cheap base rock...you can find it at some LFS's for around $1.99/lb and its often full of nooks and crannies. Most fish would appreciate that. Afterall you want to give them something to explore since they'll be in such a small environment (in comparison to the ocean) for the rest of their lives.

Oh, go pick out some inverts! I think they are the most fun to watch sometimes heh

Decz

AC Members
Aug 15, 2002
BC, Canada
I have a scooter with my percula's.... but get more rock or something else for cover... not enough cover could result in a fish death caused by stress.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store