problem with my maroon clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Feb 24, 2005
I have a small marine tank (10 gallon) with a maroon clownfish, a coral-banded shrimp, and a few blue-legged hermet crabs. They are all at peace with each other and acting normally. The problem that I have with the clown is on either side of his body behind the gills there are these white protuberances. They resemble a white-head pimple and appear to be getting larger. His appetite is fine as well as his demeanor. Is it some kind of bacterial thing? I don't know.

kcmo lawman

Just a SimpleMan
Dec 10, 2004
Kansas City, Mo
I could be wrong, and if so am sure someone will set me straight, but to me it sounds like it could be ich. There are numerous ways to treat ich, and the one ich outbreak I had was cured with some cleaner shrimp. As stated, there are other ways to treat ich, and if that is what you have in the tank be sure to check out ALL the options to treat it as your situation may be different from others that have had it.
Good luck and let us know what you find out and how you treated it,

Bradd

Last edited:

LISound

AC Members
Jan 26, 2005
Long Island
www.DreamStreet.com
sorry to say...it's ich.
not too much to worry about. almost every tank gets ich in it's life.
you can quarintine the fish and treat with a copper based med.
of just let it run it's course.
you can do a quick search on ich and you'll see a bunch of options.
my fish had it. damsels and they got over it just fine. and no one else in the tank showed signs of it.
good luck

curry

AC Members
Oct 23, 2004
I think the biggest problem here is a Maroon in a ten gallon! A poor choice in my opinion.

roadblock

AC Members
Jan 1, 2005
you are aware that a maroon clown is also known as a spine cheek clown? it could very well be that you see his spines protruding from his cheeks!!

sandiegan

AC Members
Dec 23, 2004
I'm with curry.....please move that maroon out of the 10g into something bigger in the near future.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store