wat should i get with my snowflake eel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

corriewf

EVIL
Jan 26, 2005
richmond,va
losermonkey5 said:
wat kind of clean up crew should i put in my tank with a snowflake eel
A larger tank...
:dance

Kidding, but on a serious note those guys are evil and you will scrape your glass in fear the rest of your tank's days..... You should be fine with hermits and reg everyday snails, turbos astreas ect.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Snowflakes are not bad, nor nearly as aggressive as many other species. They will be rough on most cleaners though. Snails, limpets, stars and worms will be left alone, but shrimp and crabs, including hermits, likely will not be safe. Make sure the tank is completely covered--eels are very good at slipping out of the smallest openings.

FloridaBoy

AC Members
Jan 10, 2005
Agro depends on the individual specimen.
I have seen an 15 inch snowflake attack and gulp a fish far larger than its head in about 3 seconds. Others that wouldn't hurt anything.
My favorite by far is the Zebra, but they love to crunch certain types of shellfish, so not sure how that applies to the original post.

losermonkey5

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
delanson ny
thanx for the sugestions think im gonna but wat i think well work and if they die and get eating then i will no not to buy um agien lol

corriewf

EVIL
Jan 26, 2005
richmond,va
losermonkey5 said:
thanx for the sugestions think im gonna but wat i think well work and if they die and get eating then i will no not to buy um agien lol

Once hes in the tank its hard getting him out.Also, I hope you are referring to your twenty.If you are new to saltwater I would stick with hardy fish until you get the hang of keeping your params in check and ect.

Pterois2004

AC Members
Dec 9, 2004
I must tell you of my experience with my snowflake, since 7/04. He's a joy to feed, but otherwise stays in his cave. He is fed daily a variety of fresh seafoods. But still, he ate my male Maroon clownfish. He topples the coral all the time, and causes havoc with the rockwork. He even broke off several coral that were affixed with Aquamend putty. He pecks at the hermit crabs, and I'm sure will eat them when they try to go to a new shell. If I could get him out, I'd give him to you. The only thing that has survived are snails. He's a voracious eater.

In my experience, he needs his own tank.

Angela

losermonkey5

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
delanson ny
in that case ill just get clown fish for now, do u have any sugestions of fish that i should get with my clown fish in a 20gal tank

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store