carpet anenome ???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

matter1331

AC Members
Feb 26, 2005
Would a carpet anenome do pretty well in a 45ga. with no other anenomes in the tank? Also, if I can get the carpet to stay in generally the same area, would another kind of anenome be ok?

Matt

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
Carpent anemones get very very large. One of the hardest anemones to keep... I'd say its an extremely hard out of the hard-extremely hard range that anemones have. They need strong MH lighting, and have a nasty sting... watch out for it eating fish. You could keep one, lots of people do but not in a 40gallon tank... they will out grow that.

oscar83

AC Members
May 21, 2004
Middletown, NJ
just my 2 cents here... where i work we have a 300 gallon reef set up which includes a carpet anemone. although this anemone is very beautiful it is also quit a PITA. my regional manager (the guy who "owns" the tank) is trying to figure out how to get rid of the anemone. all totaled this thing has probably eaten well over $1000 worth of fish.... like i said... just my 2 cents.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Also they will need a VERY high water turn over rate and will move themselves as close to your power head discharge as tehy can get. It will also need some very stable water conditions. I would really urge you to reconsider. These guys get BIG as wastememphis said it will out grow that tank p.d.q. It would also be the only critter you could keep in the tank ,"with the possible exception of a clown or 2 if you get/make a pair.
hth just backing up the other posts.

duck

AC Members
Nov 30, 2003
South Georgia
Visit site
check out Stichodactyla tapetum its a mini carpet.. only gets the size of a 50 cent peice... very affordable.. colorful and "cute" debate is out if it will host a clown though....(probly to small)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store