Suggestions on stocking my tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nvan2

AC Members
Mar 1, 2005
Well, it looks like my tank will be all cycled one way or another in about a week or two. Its a 10 gallon (i realize space is limited), with an appropriate sized whisper filter, visi-therm deluxe heater, no real plants, and plenty of airation. Right now i just have a pair of balloon bodied mollies.

some fish id like to include are a single dwarf gourami (sp) since i hear its best to keep them solitary, and id also like a small school of neon tetras. will there be any room left after this? If there is there are also some kinds of platies I like, and id also like to get an otto in place of a pleco.

I was also reading an article in a copy of Aquarium magazine i have, and it says the species of killifish "Fundulopanchax gardneri" is great for beginners and does not require specific water conditions, and live food like other more "complex" killifish species. These seem pretty cool.

Also, id be willing to replace the small school of neons with a small school (if they are in fact schooling fish) of the "glofish" which i guess are zebra danios that glow red. It also says they require special lighting conditions to glow, anyone know more about this?

Anyway, any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store