Just fragged my Hammer coral :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
Plastic operating tray, salt water, big ol'd knife......

I split it into 3 colonies. It was pretty easy because it had grown off into 3 trunks. I cut right through the soft tissue and into the cruchy part, no problemo!! I also found out that crazy glue gell WILL stick and cure underwater. One frag back where it was, another one in my nano and the 3rd one on my grow out tray ;) I feel like a successful surgeon :D

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
pl*co said:
Congratulations Doctor! :D So... where's pics? :) We'd like to see the patients.
I'll take some pics today. They were just starting to open back up last night when it was time to turn the day lights off. I guess I should have taken pics of the operation itself :idea2:

Next, I have to do something with my Ricordias. I have to read up on that first.

corriewf

EVIL
Jan 26, 2005
richmond,va
FL Knifemaker said:
Plastic operating tray, salt water, big ol'd knife......

I split it into 3 colonies. It was pretty easy because it had grown off into 3 trunks. I cut right through the soft tissue and into the cruchy part, no problemo!! I also found out that crazy glue gell WILL stick and cure underwater. One frag back where it was, another one in my nano and the 3rd one on my grow out tray ;) I feel like a successful surgeon :D

You didnt know that superglue cures underwater!?!? That stuff has been my saving grace.

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
corriewf said:
You didnt know that superglue cures underwater!?!? That stuff has been my saving grace.
So far, I've never had to use it but believe me, I have more on my shopping list!

pl*co

Feeds low on the food chain
Jul 18, 2004
Michigan
I guess I should have taken pics of the operation itself - FL Knifemaker

Now THAT would have been something! Maybe next time?

corriewf

EVIL
Jan 26, 2005
richmond,va
FL Knifemaker said:
So far, I've never had to use it but believe me, I have more on my shopping list!
OMG! I have gone through at least 25 tubes and thats in my little ten...Sps frag and lps frag and then having to glue them over again when they get knocked off before they can encrust.

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
My Hammer Coral.......

This is one of now three happy frags. All 3 are now a little bigger than a golf ball. Next is mushrooms...........Then Ricoridias :confused:

fraggedhammercoral.jpg

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
With rics and shrooms I just cut off a little of their foot. it will crawl away and grow into new shroom. It's a lot easier on the critter and you're less likely to have two equal sized balls of dead shroom or rick.

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
maxilaria said:
With rics and shrooms I just cut off a little of their foot. it will crawl away and grow into new shroom. It's a lot easier on the critter and you're less likely to have two equal sized balls of dead shroom or rick.
I need to get going on this. The Hammer coral was easy, especially after seeing a friend do it a few weeks ago. Is there any step by step illustrated how to's on this??? Working with titanium and steel is a breeze for me, cutting into soft tissue on living critters has me a bit concerned..... Especially after taking so long for them to get growing so well :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store