Here we go... Gas Prices

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
I think what they call "petronia" is really "greedonia".
Summer vacation season is coming, of course gas prices are going to go up.

Someone needs to invent a really long straw that we can drill thru the earth and suck it out from underneath them!!!

happychem

redorkulated
Dec 9, 2003
Halifax, NS
Visit site
You mean something like the "Burns Slant Drilling opperation"?

I hate to say it, but everything in that article actually explained the increase in prices as necessary. Basically since oil is traded with the US dollar, if the US dollar falls in value (while oil would at the very least remain the same), then the cost per barrell would increase.

Although there is some solace to be had in the increase in supply and the potential for the refineries to increase their output, that should bring the prices back down a bit. Or at least just in time for the annual summertime gouge!

Jumps in gas prices bug me in general, but what really bugs me (I don't know if you guys get this state-side) is when the gas companies try to talk about all the taxes the government levies bumping up the price. Um, excuse me? The taxes are pretty stable, the government isn't increasing the taxes 10c per litre one week, then dropping it 2c, then increasing by 8c, drop by 2c.

Although it never ceases to amaze me just how gullible the average gas consumer is. Prices go up by 10c and everyone hollers and makes noise about gas company greed and profits and demands that the government do something about it, then the price drops by a couple cents and everyone seems satisfied, meanwhile the new "low" price for gas is 8c more than before!

mishi8

Go fly a kite!
Jan 13, 2005
Alberta
Or take transit...better yet, walk. :)

mishi8
who would love to be living in a place that had a milder winter, and places to easily walk to again

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
$1.82 here in the Republican Home Stomping Grounds.

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
$2.17 for the good stuff here in the sunshine state. I ride a motorcycle to save gas. Let's see 10 bucks to fill it up and it goes about 130 miles per tank........... :confused: Hmmmmmmmm.

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
FL Knifemaker said:
$2.17 for the good stuff here in the sunshine state. I ride a motorcycle to save gas. Let's see 10 bucks to fill it up and it goes about 130 miles per tank........... :confused: Hmmmmmmmm.
Why does 130 miles per tank seem a little low to me?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store