Did Sub Sonar Kill Dolphins?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002

gonefishin

corn-eyed finless brown trout?
Sep 17, 2004
Lake Tahoe
This is not what happened in the article, but somewhat related. I watched a show about a month ago, a bunch of young dolphins were washing up dead on virginia beach. The first thing my friend and I said was, "another dolphin killed it". There was little visable damage, but when the autopsy was done they found massive bruising and broken ribs. They went to great lengths (probably spending thousands of dollars) to investigate millitary and comercial shipping to see if they were the cause. Nope. They looked into some off shore oil drills, nope. For years people had enjoyed watching the older dolphins "play with thier kids" off of this beach. After spending all this time and money, they finally thought "I wonder if its the dolphins doing the killing". Sure enough, the dolphins were neither "playing" nor were the young dolphins the offspring of the older ones involved. What was happening was adault dolphins from one pod would seek the young of another pod. They would separate it from its mother and beat it to death.
While it is sad to read about so many dead critters, I hope it is not a product of humanity doing the killing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store