"GROW YOUR OWN" LIVE AQUARIUM PLANTS - bulbs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ltldrgn13

ltldrgn13
Mar 6, 2005
Boise Idaho
Has anyone tried those "GROW YOUR OWN" LIVE AQUARIUM PLANTS - bulb packs? How well do they work?

Thanks

buddha_red

AC Members
Jan 30, 2005
Pasadena Texas 77504
pretty good chance they will work. I have used them and got a couple nice arrow heads.

Gambusia

AC Members
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
They work but eventually the bulbs rot.

I had hybrid aponegtons that floated on the surface.

Paranoid

A little paranoia is a good thing!!
Dec 17, 2004
North Carolina
I got a package of 4 apponogeton bulbs a wallmart for 2$ and 3 sprouted and have been doing great in my tank for the last three months. They have even flowered non-stop for the last two!!! Can't beat them for 2 bucks. ;)

biogirl361

AC Members
Sep 11, 2004
Michigan
i got 6 apos and 2 dwarf lilies bulbs from walmart and not a single one of the 8 sprouted. must have been an outdated shipment or something.

Obsidian

AC Members
Dec 13, 2004
Pacific Northwest
ltldrgn13 said:
Has anyone tried those "GROW YOUR OWN" LIVE AQUARIUM PLANTS - bulb packs? How well do they work?

Thanks
Blah... I have a pack of 7 from Petco. Two sprouted... one is growing very fast with a flowering runner already. The second is not doing great. The others I just pulled out because they were just rotting. There is a guarantee on the back, and I fully intend to send the duds back.

Imagine

AC Members
Feb 22, 2005
Ohio
Paranoid said:
I got a package of 4 apponogeton bulbs a wallmart for 2$ and 3 sprouted and have been doing great in my tank for the last three months. They have even flowered non-stop for the last two!!! Can't beat them for 2 bucks. ;)
I'm running the same ones in my tank.. They grow really quick. I'm also trying the Lily bulbs as well, those dont seem to be doing much yet.

lousybreed

Aquaria Central Site Controller
Sep 7, 2004
Bay Area, CA
i have several in my tank waiting to sprout. one of the apogenton bulbs has mold and i will remove it soon. i am trying the lillies also.

WinterWind

Mad pianist
Feb 11, 2005
Long ago, I had a few bulbs. Only 2 of them actually sprouted and become healthy, but then, I only had a fish bowl!

I'm willing to bet that if the bulbs are in good condition in the first place, they will grow just fine, provided that lighting and all the other conditions are right.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store