considering honey gouramis

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cawaltons

AC Members
Jan 8, 2005
I have a 23 gallon tank with:
11 Neon Tetras
1 Bushy Nose Pleco
2 African Dwarf Frogs

I used to have a male betta in there but the neons kept bullying him so he's now in his own bowl.

We miss our active, showy betta and would like to add another fish or two to the tank. Since the pleco and the frogs are out mostly in the evening, we'd like to add something that will get along with the neons and be visible most of the day.

I was considering adding 3 Kuhli Loaches, but I think they might be too much and crowd the already busy bottom of the tank.

I also thought about adding a pair of honey gouramis but I recall someone saying that it's hard to find females and that they had some other drawbacks. Any thoughts on the gouramis?

Any suggestions for another fish that gets along with those nippy little neons?

Thanks!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
A single male dwarf gouramie would be a good choice. One will be just fine--when ixing gender, it's best to have 2-3 females per male, so this would be too many fish to add. But one male will be okay. Some can be aggressive, but typically only towards other labyrinth fish. Might chase the neons a bit, but shouldn't hurt them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store