Dwarf Puffers?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

5150_bronco

AC Members
Mar 5, 2005
Bakersfield, CA
Does anyone know anything about dwarf puffers except that they stay small? Do they get aggitated and puff up like bigger ones or do they just stay small? If someone could let me know because I am considering on getting some.

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
dwarfpuffers.com

However, the silver tipped sharks need a brackish habitat, and the iridesent sharks need around 100 gallons each.

Stefanie

AC Members
Jan 12, 2005
Maryland
I am very new to this hobby, but here is my experience with them:
I would not recommend them for a community tank... mine are little bullies and nip on everything that is in the tank with them... I had to set up a species only tank for them, because they started to bother my other fish in the community set up...
Other than that:
- They stay small (about 1-1.5 inches).
- They like live and frozen food (mine totally ignore freeze dried food), and snails.
- Since they are scale less fish, they are sensitive to medication.
-They need fresh water tanks, not brackish.
- They need a lot of hiding spaces and broken lines of sight, because they can bully each other if not provided
- You need at least 2-3 G per dwarf puffer to avoid trouble.
- Some are OK with Otocinclus catfish (mine are not) or ghost shrimp (mine leave those alone).

I hope someone with more experience will either agree or disagree with what I said... as I said, I am very new to keeping fish. But I hope I got things right and could help a bit.

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
Stefanie said:
- They like live and frozen food (mine totally ignore freeze dried food), and snails.
Hmmm.... freeze-dried and frozen are different? Eh, oh well, she's right about everything.

Maj0rFiSh

L33t 5p34k m0f0!!11one
Jan 14, 2005
South Coast of UK
Frozen you have to put in your freezer as its actually frozen, freeze dried has beeen frozen...but its dry :)

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store