red tailed cat and pond?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TYPO

AC Members
Apr 1, 2004
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Im going to be making a pond at my house this summer, and i want it big enough for a full grown red tailed cat.
i probably will be getting a custom tank for it within a few years, but i want one here.
SO! what would be the minimum requirements for it? what are the reccommended?

I WONT be keep it in the minimum, i just need to figure out the size so i figure out exactly where to put it.

thank you in advance!
~typo

TYPO

AC Members
Apr 1, 2004
Seattle, WA
Visit site
socalsunset, yea, ive seen his site before, it is awesome.. and i want a tank like that :)
spartan, would you suggest i tank raise it for a while, then move it to the pond when its too big for the tank? (i suppose anyone can answer that)
the RTC is the one fish i have wanted to own for a long time, but i have absolutely no place to have one. thats why i want to put in a pond to house it.

but, i was mainly looking to have the RTC, and thats about it. possibly some smaller fish i wouldnt miss if he ate.

ChileRelleno

500+ jumps-n-counting,SKYDIVE!
Feb 10, 2005
Mobile, AL
My ideal recommendation for a fish such as the Red Tail Cat, would be a Olympic size swimming pool, 100 yards of a decent sized stream/river down in Florida netted in or a pond measuring atleast 50'x50'x8' = 149,400 US gallons.
Minimum for a pond...
30'x15'x7.5' = 25,211 US gallons

Don't forget to calculate the foodbill for this fish :eek:

47b5dc30b3127cce90716d6e5b4e00000016108AbMm7VmzcNK.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store