Tangs fighting!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SteveD

AC Members
Apr 1, 2004
Visit site
:sad

Here is the background. I currently have a 55g with a flame angel, yellow tang, and 2 chromis. I just added a hippo tang and the yellow tang is giving it hell. I have a 125 that just finished cycling, but I was going to wait until I had all the live rock from the 55 before I moved everything over. My options are:

Do nothing- The hippo and yellow will figure it our on there own until I am ready to make the switch.

Move the hippo, he will be the dominate one in the new tank.

Move the yellow- let the hippo enjoy the seasoned tank for a couple weeks

Move both- This way no one has the uppper hand.

My concerns are that the new tank still has 15ppm of nitrates, and catching the tangs will all the rock work will be a nightmare.

Thoughts?

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
your tank is too small to have all those fish especialy as tangs tend to be agressive. I see your problem however and I would personally move both, as you said, then no one gets the upper hand. Have you already got live rock in your big tank?? Just be care full that the live rock hasn't been out of the water when you switch it from tank to tank other wise your tank will cycle again and that will be ****! Maby you should just change heaps of the water from the 125g, take the live rock from the small tank and put it there, and after a day or two put one tang in, if that is ok, then keep going. good luck, hope it all works out for you :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store