Blue carpet anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

yamanjazz

The Wizard of OZ
Mar 9, 2005
Missing In Action
hi all, i was thinking of putting a blue capet anemone in my tank. 95gal. is it hard to look after? this will be my first anemone. im not getting it just yet but ill have to order it so ill be happy if you guys could help me. :)

matter1331

AC Members
Feb 26, 2005
very difficult to take care of and require alot of light. be mindful of any other fish you put in there (besides a clown) as they have been known to snag fish left and right. your 95 should be big enough. I want one so bad but I don't have a big enough tank.

yamanjazz

The Wizard of OZ
Mar 9, 2005
Missing In Action
i realy want one but i dont want my fish being killed. i suppose that means ill have to keep this one on hold for a while. thanks for the info matter :)

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Like mater said they aren't a good first choice. IMO I'd start out with one of the rock anemones ,"they are pretty hardy for an anem and don't get huge , all anems will eat fish if they get the chance though" You could also try a tube anem if you have a some where you can keep it out of your lights. They are just as pretty are much less likely to eat your fish.
hth
chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store