Tubbing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CCchaos04

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
ohio
This summer i plan on getting a couple large tubs and setting them up in my backyard. I'm planning on putting alot of hornwort and other floating plants. I want to try out keeping some cichlids in it. Any suggestions for how to set it up? Who else is setting up tubs this summer?

Nuriel

AC Members
Sep 6, 2004
Seattle, Wa. USA
www.43things.com
I have a barrel set up here in cold seattle. its been up more than a month with hornwort and a few goldies and the cycle is complete. goldies are thriving and I am looking forward to "aquascaping" it a bit with some hyacinth perhaps, and some bamboo stalks. I am going to purchase a lil bamboo spout to provide some movement this week. I was doing daily water changes but have cut down to twice weekly. I am also interested in some of the tubs I have seen at home depot.....let us know how it turns out, I love outdoor projects. Whats the weather like where you are at? How many gallons and what type of cichlid are you thinking of? Going to go for a filteration/heating system?
Sounds like fun!!!!

Nuriel

AC Members
Sep 6, 2004
Seattle, Wa. USA
www.43things.com
the 16000 gallon one would be awesome.

CCchaos04

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
ohio
Nuriel said:
I have a barrel set up here in cold seattle. its been up more than a month with hornwort and a few goldies and the cycle is complete. goldies are thriving and I am looking forward to "aquascaping" it a bit with some hyacinth perhaps, and some bamboo stalks. I am going to purchase a lil bamboo spout to provide some movement this week. I was doing daily water changes but have cut down to twice weekly. I am also interested in some of the tubs I have seen at home depot.....let us know how it turns out, I love outdoor projects. Whats the weather like where you are at? How many gallons and what type of cichlid are you thinking of? Going to go for a filteration/heating system?
Sounds like fun!!!!
I think i'll get like a 25 or 50 gallon tub or i'll see if i can borrow my neighbors pool if they dont use it this year. It's just like the one pl*co posted. I'm located between cincinnati and dayton. I'm planning on having very simple filtration but lots of plants and i dont think ill have any heating.

CCchaos04

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
ohio
I'm currently thinking about just starting out with a 15-20 gallon tub and breeding cories and mollies and see how that goes. If that works well i might try raising and breeding yellow labs in a 50 gallon tub or a small pool.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store