*sigh*

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FooF

Daveedka & Harlock are my heroes!
Feb 13, 2005
Michigan
www.illusioncamp.com
okay, bad news. my compassion outweighs my brain here.

so yeah, im out and about today and decide to stop by the LFS to pick up some feeders for the turtles when a sickening sight cathes the corner of my eye.

3 "Blue Botias" in a tank with some sort of little Gar... two of the botias were covered in a white furry slime that engulfed their entire body... most certainly both 125% dead, and the third lying down on the gravel, more than likely to heavy to swim because he was so terribly weighted down with ich. after hearing that their feeder goldfish didnt come in this week, they asked if there was anything else i wanted them to get for me and i pointed at the botia strugling to move and said "guess there isnt much hope to save him, is there." the woman asked me "how long would you like us to save him for you?". alright, that made my head hurt. so i point out the obvious that two of the three are dead and the suvivor is covered in ich. she responds with "OH MY! Thats strange, they were just out eating shrimp pellets lastnight!" yeah, okay lady, these fish have been sick for quite some time... more than likely, since they arived at the store 3 weeks ago, and the dead ones look to have been that way a minimum of 2-3 days.

so anyways, she hurrys someone over to remove the dead ones and i asked again "guess theres no saving him, eh?" she said "oh you dont want that, come back in a few days". i responded with "well, ive got a quarantine tank..." so the man she'd hustled over there to remove the dead ones suggests "why dont we give it to him, maybe he can save it".

so here i am with a new botia, wondering what he is...

hes blue, but a bright blue, clearly injected. he looks quite similar to my Modesta's, but he has a white/clearish tail rather than a red/orange tail. it's not spotted though, so its not a speckle-tail loach.

loucas6290

Lurking Since 2005
Jan 2, 2005
way to do the riught thing dude, even if he was injected he still deserves the chance to live annd hey, thats a good thing to try to do, and even if he doesnt you made heis last days count *applaudes you*

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
Got any pictures of this botia? Sounds beautiful

Maj0rFiSh

L33t 5p34k m0f0!!11one
Jan 14, 2005
South Coast of UK
Oddball~ said:
Got any pictures of this botia? Sounds beautiful
Are you forgetting its dyed?

biogirl361

AC Members
Sep 11, 2004
Michigan
keep us updated, i want to know what happens!

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
Oh... its dyed? Maaan, if there indeed was a fish that color, that woul be sweet... My feelings go out to you, just try your best!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store