GOT MY LEOPARD CTENOPOMA!!! w00t!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
Sorry, for the all caps, but I have my leopard ctenopoma! It's in the gourami family and I have to buy more plants to make it feel at home. I'm housing it in my shrimp tank, which I will no longer use. My mom mysteriously put 6 cardinal tetras in there and an oto, which will help make a more "Amazonic" biotope until the Ctenopoma reaches a large enough size to eat the cardinals... :D

The ctenopoma is only like one inch long, and is very timid and his color intensified ever since he got home! Wish me luck!

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
5-6 inches, tops.

ncgoldfish

AC Members
Feb 25, 2005
Good Luck with the lil feller

LFS just happened to have a shipment of "leaf fish". Took a bit of effort to find what their true name was ;). They had about 15-20 of them and i bought one then bought another a couple days later. Both are about 3 inches long.

LFS said they would eat pellets and flakes but so far these just suck them in and spit them right out again.

They've been munching on blood worms and brine shrimp and look healthy after the 2 months I've had them.

BTW, one has actually overcome it's shyness and started taking the blood worms right from my hands, the other is still a bit shy - both swim around the tank instead of the hiding they did when new.

Am seriously contemplating breeding some live food for them since they're so picky.

Very cool fish, imo.

Much luck with yours (post a pic ;D)!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store