Scorpus Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Modjit

AC Members
Feb 12, 2005
This may be a daft question but I think that my Scorpus Tang has got white spot. But the thing is i,m fairly new to keeping marine fish but what I know of white spot is that they itch on rocks and sand etc. Well the thing is my tang isn't doing any of that it's still eating very well almost anything that I put into my tank it eats ie mysis, Bryneshrimp, Red Plankton + Sea Veggies also I have not seen him scratch even once. What I want to know is that doe's a fish with White Spot automatically scratch...?. My LFS says they don't have to it's not always the case but which ever site about white spot I look at they always says the most common sign is itching or scraping on sand and rocks Thankyou in advance. By the way at the moment not treating it apart from my UV sterilizer is in place was wondering what to do if it turns out it has white spot.

corriewf

EVIL
Jan 26, 2005
richmond,va
Modjit said:
This may be a daft question but I think that my Scorpus Tang has got white spot. But the thing is i,m fairly new to keeping marine fish but what I know of white spot is that they itch on rocks and sand etc. Well the thing is my tang isn't doing any of that it's still eating very well almost anything that I put into my tank it eats ie mysis, Bryneshrimp, Red Plankton + Sea Veggies also I have not seen him scratch even once. What I want to know is that doe's a fish with White Spot automatically scratch...?. My LFS says they don't have to it's not always the case but which ever site about white spot I look at they always says the most common sign is itching or scraping on sand and rocks Thankyou in advance. By the way at the moment not treating it apart from my UV sterilizer is in place was wondering what to do if it turns out it has white spot.
Why do you think yours has white spot?

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
The first sign of white spot, aka marine ich, aka cryptocoaryon, is heavy breathing because the parasites go for the gills first. Lots of reasons to scratch.

Modjit

AC Members
Feb 12, 2005
Yes why i thought it was white spot is that he has tiny white spots about a millimetre big on his body. But looking at them they are mainly concentrated on the back part of his body

Modjit

AC Members
Feb 12, 2005
Scopas Tang

LOL that shows you how new i,m to all this didn't realise that scopas Tangs had spots. Been watching him for the past couple of days and he is still acting normally in fact he is the best eater of all my fish and also the fastest so I,m less concerned about him now but thxs to all who replied to my thread.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store