RO Water Storage

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

J_Vee

AC Members
Jan 12, 2005
I just ordered a float kit with shut off valve for my RO water system. I also ordered an 11 gallon plastic storage container with a tight sealing lid. My question is: How long can I safely store the RO water? Thanks

Joe

jmcleod

You never know 'till you find out
Feb 28, 2005
Fort Myers, FL
Joe,
how are you setting up the float to shut off the RO system? My LFS charges .50/gal and after a year, I could pay for an entire system (15gal/month in changes). Could you give a few details on how you are setting up your filter?

Jon

J_Vee

AC Members
Jan 12, 2005
I purchased mine at a LFS. It is made by Spectrapure. It was $134 and can make up to 25 Gallons per day. They have systems that can make 180 Gallons per day. The LFS is http://www.saltycritter.com.
The Float kit I purchased from http://www.spectrapure.com There part number is FLC-10 it was $65. They recommended using a Rubbermaid 30 Gallon plastic Garbage can to store the water. Spectrapure also has kits to automatically refill your aquarium with RO when water evaporates. I first bought the RO unit and filled gallon water jugs, then I used a 5 Gallon water jug. After several months. I saved enough to buy the the float kit, so you don't have to do it all at once. Just buy the RO unit and in 18 months it will have payed for itself ($135 not including your time and gas driving back and forth to the LFS). The specifications of my R/O unit are listed below. Hope this helps

Joe

LINE PRESSURE REVERSE OSMOSIS (RO) SYSTEMS
Three-Stage MaxPure™ MPRO Systems
Full-Size, Wall-Mount RO Water Purification Systems for the Serious Hobbyist and Small Business

RO pure water at an economical price
High-silicate removal Reverse Osmosis Membranes
High-efficiency MicroTec™ 1 micron Sediment Pre-Filter
High-capacity Carbon Block Pre-Filter
(9,000 gallon chlorine removal)

Clear filter housings
Filter wrench and garden hose adapter
Dimensions: 14" x 6" x 15

Last edited:

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
I just bought the Kent Marine Maxxima Hi-S blah blah blah blah blah 35Gallons Per Day. Its comming in a few days I'll get pictures of the set up if you want them jmcleod. Do you have any pics Joe?

jmcleod

You never know 'till you find out
Feb 28, 2005
Fort Myers, FL
I would love to see pics! That would give me a good idea how to get this project underway!

Jon

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
I had convos back and forth with marine depot about taking something off and adding things and blah blah blah it wont be here till thursday. They are a great website very helpful. So next weekend I'll have pictures up :)

J_Vee

AC Members
Jan 12, 2005
I have posted pictures as attachments, hopefully this works. The only diiference between the figure is the bladder is installed in the RO output water line.The water switch (Control Module) goes between the output after the carbon filter and before the RO membrane, took about 2 minutes to hook up. Then the sensor goes into my plastic storage container, and attaches to the wall of the container with suction cups, like an aquarium heater. I drilled a hole toward the top of the plastic container for the Float Valve. The output water tubing runs through this valve so if the sensor malfunctions which is not likely, the float valve will shut off the output water.

Joe

Parts.jpg Picture.jpg

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store