Best Aquarium Lighting??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

threejjj

4EVER
Mar 12, 2005
I need new lights for my 55 gallon aqaurium but do not want to pay too much money. I when to walmart and picked up 2 18 watt sunlight lights. They where not what i wanted, they made tank look green. What are some other lights i could use? I have plants in my aquarium that have been doing OK with two 18 watt plant lights but i want my tank to be brighter.

carttman

AC Members
Feb 27, 2003
Louisiana
Visit site
I have a Aqua Glo and a Power Glo that I got off Big Al's web site and I have been very happy with them. I would look at big Al's web site, they have a big selection and their prices are good. This is just my opinion though maybe someone else can offer their expertise on lighting.

WinterWind

Mad pianist
Feb 11, 2005
You can't really make your lights brighter since your hood can only hold two 18 watt bulbs, so you'll have to change your hood or retrofit it somehow to fit more bulbs in to get a higher wattage. The sunglow's have a lower K, so the light will appear more yellow and green, and I read that plants like lower K light. Higher K light is used more for marine fish and gives off a blue colourl

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store