Can you help me ID Felix?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

marcia

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
I am by no means an expert on aquaria. I have only a 20 gal tank for my own enjoyment. I have had Felix for appx. 6 years. He is about 6-7 inches long, very long whiskers, with tan and dark brown stripes. I have tried to find out what he is, but to no avail.

I appreciate you helping me to satisfy my curiosity.

Thank you in advance.

Marcia

dscn0066.jpg

marcia

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
2nd picture of Felix

Just in case the first isn't good enough.

He has a tendency to move pretty fast when he's out of his log!

Marcia

felix 2.jpg

Darkangel

AC Members
Nov 16, 2002
Oshawa, ON, Canada
At a guess with the quakity of the picture I would say Mystus vittatus or bleekeri. A bigger picture that is the whole fish would be very helpful. Going on the assumption that it is a Mystus of one type or another it would come from the area around Pakistan. As withh all catfish the longer the whiskers the more predatory the cat. This guy has long whiskers so any tankmates that will fit in his mouth will be considered fair game.

Faramir

The twit from over the pond.
Nov 20, 1998
Chesterfield UK
I concur.

Picture from Baensch attached.

mystus.jpg

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
hi again Marcia......was just going to put you in the direction of Mystus vittatus. Just so ya know, their common name is the Striped River Catfish. Good luck with your searching ;)

marcia

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
Y'all are great!!!

It looks like you hit the nail on the head with the Mystus vittatus ID. That picture from Baensch looks just like Felix!!

Thanks everyone! You're a good bunch of fish-luvin' peoples!!

Marcia
Oregon/USA

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store