150 gallon Tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

eastcoast**Fish

AC Members
Mar 24, 2005
Whats goin on a couple of months ago i asked quite a few questions on fish selection, well i got the fish i want with the exception of one but I have them in my 55 temperarily, In about 2 weeks i plan on getting a 150 gallon i got a price quote today. It was about a grand for the tank, lid and stand. Now i already ahve the fluval 404 filter and a heater good up to 150 gallons. one bubble cutain so id have to get another and more gravel and plants and what not but is there anything else im missing? for my fish incase someone wants to know: I have one tiger oscar about 3 inches, one pike cichlid about 4 maybe 5 inches, about a 6inch clown knife, and a 5 inch afican pike. They are happy now plenty of room for now but getting a bigger tank. do i need anything special?

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
hmmm, sounds like you're about set. My friend has a couple of huge cichlids that love to dig, so you might want to keep that in mind, maybe even consider sand for them?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
With larger, messy fish, I would double up on the filtration--adding a HOB or another canister would help keep the tank cleaner. No need to add the air stone, unless you like the look, of course. I'd probably have 2 heaters as well, one on each side of the tank. Means the tank will stay at a more even temperature, and if one goes out, the tank likely won't get too cold.

Long term plan for the clown knife? It will outgrow the 150, too...

eastcoast**Fish

AC Members
Mar 24, 2005
oh yeah i know but right now hes only small so hes got a while then i will donate him to an aquarium or something! thanks for the advice any others are welcome.

but how is a grand for 150 tank, lid and stand?

Last edited:

Veneer

AC Members
Dec 20, 2004
eastcoast**Fish said:
oh yeah i know but right now hes only small so hes got a while then i will donate him to an aquarium or something! thanks for the advice any others are welcome.

but how is a grand for 150 tank, lid and stand?
Be aware that large public aquariums are veritably inundated with such offers each year and may thus refuse your donation (which, with consideration of the difficulties implicit in transportation, is not necessarily the most feasible of options), and that lfs are often wary of accepting large, predatory fish (which not only occupy excessive tank space but also run through great quantities of food and typically sell poorly [many never find new homes]).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store