"ANOTHER" Convict question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cichlid_guy

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
photos.yahoo.com
ok, i have had my convict fry with the pairents for about a month now. should i still keep them in with them or take them out?
I have about 75 - 100 fry swimming around. :)

they are about 1/4" big now. At what point can i think about selling/trading/giving away the fry?

thanks for the help

scottie

fish dude

ruler of alll
Jan 6, 2003
Visit site
around 1 ihch you could do all thaty

BadFishPa

AC Members
Sep 19, 2008
MY LFS starts selling them at about an inch. When you need to thin out the numbers some,just stop feeding for a few days and they start eating the smaller ones..Cons breed alot,sooner or later you will be feeding someones bigger cichlids..

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
the above post sums it up. but try searching the site for convict cichlids. I'm sure there's a question like this out there

GuppyMan

AC Members
Nov 9, 2008
New Jersey
Real Name
Trevor
it all depends on you. ie left the babies with the pair for months, and they just breed agian.but i usually like to take them away when the fry have thir stripes arent venturing away more which is usually at about 5-7 weeks. you can take them out now if you wanted to. its all up to u

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I keep them on fry food or with the parents, every few days I try some small flake. When I see them eating it, it's time for them to move on.

When I have too many or the LFS don't want them they become Oscar snacks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store