good/bad news figure 8 puffers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aimsz88

AC Members
Nov 7, 2004
hiya,

just wanted to say thanks to all the advice about my new figure 8 puffers. i moved them into a 20 gallon tank last night, and though some definitely think it still too small, i think they'll be happy until they grow a big bigger (then it's more rearranging!)

now, they're eating freshly hatched brine shrimp, which they seem to like, but i have a question about this. how do i insure that they eat enough, but don't completely pollute the water with brine eggs and uneaten shrimp?

they also have had ich, which i've treated according to the ich medicine directions i have...they said max 5 days of treatment. however, two of them still look like they're pretty much covered in white crystals. *sigh*. what can i do?

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
What is the specific gravity of the water?

What treatment did you use for Ich?

No shells or unhatched eggs should be added to the tank - that is a collection issue for the BBS. How small are these f-8s?

aimsz88

AC Members
Nov 7, 2004
my specific gravity fluctuates (i've heard this is ok for brackish puffers) from 1.002 to 1.004 every week or so.

for ich, i used a recommended medicine which i can't remember the name of off the top of my head. the label is something akin to "professional aquarists" type of ich medicine...you know, silver label, icky blue dye. mine is good for freshwater and marine, supposedly (except for certain marine species that the medicine specifies). i also have ich gone which i'm not using, but that also has the same directions of 5 days max. in any case, when i'm home i'll type in the specific one.

it's hard to separate from the unhatched eggs and the dead ones very easily. i let the dead eggs float before i catch the food. *sigh*.

the puffers are about 2 inches each.

thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store