big yellow lab

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

105man

AC Members
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
I have one pretty large (about 4-5 inches) yellow lab in a 30 gallon tank. Ive had it for a couple of years.

What fish could I add to the tank?...another one or two yellow labs?...anything else?

Thanks.

xhibition

AC Members
Jun 6, 2004
SF Bay Area
Visit site
yellow labs do well with other labs, most mbuna, certain peacocks, and I dont know about haps, most haps get big and can get aggressive. Is that the only fish in the tank? If not you will run into some problems with that size tank if you wer to add. Mbuna IMO are the only lake malwai fish they do well in crowded tanks but you shouldn't over crowd a tank unless it's about 70 gal. or more.

105man

AC Members
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
Thanks.

I looked into some fish compatibility charts and databases, and they listed the following for yellow labs:

Auratus
Cobalt Blue Zebra
Electric Blue Ahli
Electric Blue Johanni
Zebra Cichlid
Featherfin Squeaker
Blue Dolphin
Leleupi
Elongatus
Flameback

Do any of these sound right to you?

JSchmidt

Cowbell! I need more cowbell!
Jun 27, 1999
IL, USA
www.wiu.edu
That doesn't look like a bad list... problem is, a 30 is really too small for any of those fish.

Ps. scolofi might be an option; they're a pretty blue and rather docile. Don't know how they'd do in a 30, either, though. That's really too small for mbuna.

Jim

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store