"Skimmate Collection:" topics for discussion

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
New Item!

Seems like it's time we expand our horizons a little, so we thought it might be a good idea to have something interesting to talk about on a regular basis.

For the moment, it's called the "skimmate collection," because we'll change every few days, whenever it starts to smell.

Here's how it goes:
Every few days (roughly 2-5) a new topic will be stickied in the General Marine forum. It could be anything from "name this weird creature" to "what's the biggest thing you've ever seen a lionfish eat" to "what do you feed your corals." Because experience, whether it's your own or shared with another hobbyist, is one of the stengths of these boards, that kind of info will be especially valued. However, digging stuff from books and the discovery of really cool links is also encouraged.

Ideas for topics can be posted in the "Suggestion Box" thread. Naturally, the power-hungry mods reserve the right to modify suggested topics to make them more entertaining if needed.

Last edited:

Barnett8

Here Puffy, Puffy!! Here boy!
Dec 3, 2005
For that lionfish thing, I was snorkling in the south of Thailand. I thought that it was soo cool and looked very healthy. Then a fish ruffly its side swam bye and then *gulp* it was a goner.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Well, do we want to start doing this again folks?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store