Moving Bubble Tip Anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

oscar83

AC Members
May 21, 2004
Middletown, NJ
about a week ago I aquired a bubble tip anemone and so far he's doing great. however he decided to make his home on the glass of the tank instead of on the rocks. my question is, in a few months i plan on building a new home for my reef, its going to be approximately 60 gallons i think. if my anemone doesnt move to the rocks and decides to stay on the glass is there anyway i can get him off to move him to his new home or am i screwed? thanks in advance for ur help :)

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Yes, when the time comes get a bit of ice and put it against it's foot. It'll move I promise :). This isn't something that I would do on a regular basis though it's not good for the critter and usually if you move them on a whim they'll be right back where they started from in pretty short order. IMO this is the best of a bunch of bad ways to move a critter. Don't leave the ice in place long just sort of tough it's foot for a couple of seconds and it will let go pretty fast
hth
chris

Gealcath

AC Members
Nov 9, 2003
Visit site
However it will move to where it wants to be, so if it wants to be in that spot, even if you move it will move back to that spot.

oscar83

AC Members
May 21, 2004
Middletown, NJ
all i want to do is to be able to move him to a rock so i can get him out of the tank hes in and into a new tank when it's completed. the ice trick seems like it'll work. hopefully i'll be able to "steer" him to a rock so i can lift it out and move him. after hes in his new tank i dont care where he makes his home b/c hopefully that'll be permanent. thanks for your help so far... any other ideas?

Pterois2004

AC Members
Dec 9, 2004
My Rose BTA did that a couple of weeks ago, and I just leaned a rock next to her (Rosie). The next morning, Rosie was on the rock. Good luck.

The Maroon clown was not happy about her moving either.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
More likely it will just let go of the glass. Just scoop it up in a bowl and acclimate for the new tank slowly. Hth
chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store