Carpet Anenome

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Modjit

AC Members
Feb 12, 2005
Hi to all my brother has said I can have his carpet anenome if I want it. But the thing is i,m not all to sure weather or not to get it. Because I have a pair of Breeding Skunk Clowns and from what I know of Carpet Anemome's they are Predator's. Well i,m worried that if I was to put it in my tank the clowns will come along thinking they can be housed there and the Carpet Anenome will finish them off. Could you please tell me if my fears are irational or if I,m right. Sorry but I don't know what type of Carpet Anenome it is all my brother told me is that its a carpet anenome. Thankyou all in advance.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Ok, 1st carpets are probably the most demanding anemone out there. They need really good water conditions nitrates, phosphates, etc as close to 0 as you can get them. They also need some bright halide lights 10000k at least and good water flow at least 10x per hour 15- 20x is much better. They won't eat your clown but any other fish or invert in the tank is fair game. I'd really advise at least 2 or 3 years experience with sps before you even try these guys they get really big and are quite aggresive towards all other inhabitants except for clowns. To cut it short you'll need to design the tank with this guy in mind it needs at least a 50 to 55 gallon as most of the pacific carpets anyway get very large. It also has a strong enough sting to get through your skin so keep that in mind and wear gloves even if you aren't going to get close to it. They shed stinging cells into the water colum. Any way I'd pass unless you really really want this guy then do lots of research or you'll regret it.
hth
chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store