help something wrong with my red wag platy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cougargirl50

fish got the best of me
Apr 6, 2005
Dover, PA
community.webshots.com
Hi one of my female red wag platy's isn't eating. She just kinda stays to the top of the tank. She's not up there sucking the air or anything she is just kinda like kicking back up there. She has more or less stayed to herself since I bought her 2 weeks ago. Her side fins (or whatever they are) are moving but she isn't very active and I have taken notice when I feed the fish she isn't eating. Does any body have any ideas of what it could be from. And it doesn't look like shes pregnant either.
I tested my waters the other day and it showed everything good, and went for a second opinion of the water testing at a LFS and they tested everything OK to.

Help Is she dying???

cougargirl50

fish got the best of me
Apr 6, 2005
Dover, PA
community.webshots.com
Welp don't worry about posting. I just came home from doing some errands and my red wag platy is dead.

nuclearsnake

AC Members
Apr 4, 2005
Montreal Canada
Im sorry to hear about your platy.
:sad:
I have a Sunset Platy who is doing the same thing. I have tried to get her to eat by placing food next to her, but she ignores it.
Its been about 4 weeks since I got her, and I have noticed this around 3 weeks ago. What should I do?

nuclearsnake

AC Members
Apr 4, 2005
Montreal Canada
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store