Sick Fish, need some help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nattybrack

AC Members
Jan 13, 2003
NYC
2 weeks ago I added an 1.5" Aulonocara nyassae peacock to my 55 gal. tank. His right side now has a white "fuzzy" stripe going vertically on his body. It looks like it is on his skin, rather than part of his coloration.

I have him in w/ African cichlids, non of which seem to be bothering him.

Is the white strip some kind of disease or stress or ich or ??? What can I do for him?

Thank you.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
This happens occasionally to my rainbows. Melafix has always fixed it. If not treated, it will completely eat away at the fish's body & leave open wounds.

Faramir

The twit from over the pond.
Nov 20, 1998
Chesterfield UK
Sounds like it could be columnaris infection.

This can be fatal if not treated.

Does it look like this?

nattybrack

AC Members
Jan 13, 2003
NYC
Faramir, It did look like that. "Did", because I brought him back to the store where I got it to ask their opinion on what it was, they said it may be from one of the other fish picking on him. They seemed to be pretty sure because they took him and put him back in with the other fish. Didn't really want to give him up, but if it was from being picked on, maybee this was best. Anyway, thanks for the replys it is much appreciated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store