War of the Worlds - re-make..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Who'd a thought..?

:D

zave2340

WWW - Wondrful Water World
Jan 31, 2005
Elmvale
CBC radio in Toronto played what my dad called was war of the worlds a few weeks ago. it was kinda stpid lol maybe because it was done when he was a kid. and not me. Anyway, it sounded stupid i turned it off, well i walked out of the room and come down to the forum :joe:

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
If the radio play is done right, it's amazing. I figured it was only a matter of time before someone decided to make a movie of it. Supposedly this one will be only generally based on the original, much smaller, more personal focus.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
If memory serves...

There was a movie in the 50s at some point..

And I think there were actually going to be 2 movie remakes this year.

But, maybe I'm alone... Maybe I'm not, but for 30+ English folks, if you mention War of the Worlds, they'll immediately think of Jeff Wayne's musical.. not the book or the radio drama...

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
OrionGirl said:
If the radio play is done right, it's amazing. I figured it was only a matter of time before someone decided to make a movie of it. Supposedly this one will be only generally based on the original, much smaller, more personal focus.
I hope it turns out good. Speilberg better not mess it up.

There's not much hype, so I guess it may not come close to Independence Day.. :(

I have to check and see if it's DTS sound.

Last edited:

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
125gJoe said:
I hope it turns out good. Speilberg better not mess it up.
It's not Speilberg I'm worried about, as far as ruining it. Mr Shortypants Cruise could do that all on his own.

Now, having said that, Minority Report was an awesome flick. Go figure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store