Sick lion fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mr.geronimo23

AC Members
Dec 23, 2004
West Palm Beach , Florida
I have a black volitan that I bought 3 years agao when he was just a baby about 2 inches, now hes about 9 inches and has been eating well all this time , very nice colors . But recently he seems to have a problem swiming blanced , his nose is on the bottom towards the sand and his rear fin up , he seems to try to swim but he cant blance himself , his colors are fine he has no marks what so ever only thing he does have is red marks around his face and thats because he couldnt balance himself and got stuck in between a rock and the heater which caused that redness on his face .

I blocked off the heater , I put him in a qurantine tank that always has copper , but Im very concerned I have never seen him like this , the copper doesnt seem to be doing anything to him which makes me think is some sort of illness Im not aware of .

Do any of you guys know if this is a illness lion fish get ? I cant seem to find any info on this , Please help :sad: I dont want him to suffer much longer , if this cant be cured I want to put him out of his misery asap :sad: , I cant stand to look at my buddy like this . He was such a strong and healthy fish :sad: .

Please Help , Thanks

AL

mr.geronimo23

AC Members
Dec 23, 2004
West Palm Beach , Florida
Passed away

Well I tried my best but I couldnt save my buddy :sad: , he was a fighter and didnt go out with out a fight , he tried and so did I which I think its what counts . It's funny I never got attached to a fish like this before and I dont think I will ever have a fish like him again :sad: . Thanks for all the help .

Al

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
So sorry AL! Long lived fish are pretty easy to attach to ! Some of our s.w. fish have loads of personality to!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store