breeding angelfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bball4life

Hops
Nov 27, 2004
I am thinking of purchasing about 6 juevenile angel fish they are 3/4" to 1-1/4". I was wondering if they could breed with other mutations and it wont effect them when they are pairing, for example can a koi angel breed with a marble veil angel, or would it just be easier to get all koi angels? How big do they have to be to breed? And how fast do you think they will grow if I feed them frozen baby brine shrimp, freeze dried bloodworms, and tropical flake food?

bball4life

Hops
Nov 27, 2004
ok thanks, but how big do they have to be to breed? And at the size im getting them how fast will they grow?

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
with lots of water changes to minimize the polutants and growth inhibiting hormones an angel should be most of adult size by 1 year old but may grow a slight bit more as they fill out and reach max potential size in 2 years total.

A show example of standard finnage would be 6" long and 8 to 12" from top to bottom in total size. veil finnage could make the fish longer. dorsal and anal fins would be straight with no bends or crooks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store