Brand new CO2 tank valve is stuck...? (this is kinda an emergency)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cgcaver

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
OK, im sure this will attract many flames :\ I ordered a filled CO2 tank from aquariumplants.com and much to my surprise it came today (seemed way early). I already had my Milwaukee MA957 regulator here and assembled. First question... the tank was very warm (its hot here)... thats not a good thing is it? Shouldnt a CO2 tank with liquid CO2 be cold LOL ?

I got the regulator on the tank no problem, nice and tight. Heres where the problem started: I started to open the tank valve and gas started to escape (high pressure). This only lasted for about 1 second (at the most 2) and I immediately closed the tank valve, after pee'ing my pants :p

I remembered that I forgot to open the main regulator flow valve. Now, on the instruction sheet from the Milwaukee guys, it says doing this can cause damage to the diaphragm inside the regulator or can damage the right gauge. So, then I opened the regulator valve like Im supposed to, and followed all the other directions to the T. This time, when I opened the tank valve, it seemed fine, I got a reading on my high pressure gauge, and nothing blew up! So I opened the tank valve all the way like the directions said to do.

As I opened the needle valve (as instructed), gas started come through and even spit some of my water out of the bubble counter. After I had a steady flow going through, I tried to move on to the next stage where you close down on the regulator valve so you get a reading in the left gauge (low pressure gauge). As I started to close the main regulator valve as instructed, I got a slight reading on the left gauge for about 1 second (maybe 1-2 PSI) and then all of a sudden, both gauges lost all pressure and are now sitting at zero. Does this mean my tank is freakin empty?! How?!

As if that weren't enough - here's the main problem. I cannot get the tank valve to open OR close. It will not twist either way. Can someone please help me... This is really starting to spook me.

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
Liquid gas escaping quickly will go to deep freeze quickly. The valve may have frozen temporarily but it should be moveable now that it is back to ambient temps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store