Discus For Sale

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
I will have the following strains available, all of them in varying sizes, Brilliants, Flachens (ocean greens), Red Turqoises, CLEAN Pigeon bloods, Pigeon Reds, Pigeon Blues, Alenquers, Santarems, Clean Marlboro Reds, Red scribbled (striped and spotted), Cobalts, Blue Diamonds, Red and Blue Snakeskins.

Prices on average for 2.5" Fish will be $16-20 each depending on the strain
3-3.5" will be $24-27 each
4" will be $32-46 each
5" will be $50-75 each
6-7" will be $95-125 each

Not all strains will be available in all sizes, but most will be available. Shipping will depend on how many fish you order, as its calculated by weight. I will give a live arrival garuantee through overnight shipping via Fed Ex, and will ship though another service/method but without the garuantee. Prices listed do not include shipping.

Last edited:

NatakuTseng

Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
If they are harlequin rasboras, they will do fine, the Pearls would potentially cause a problem, especially at the heat the discus need. Other than that they would go alright, provided you did frequent Water changes, you could have 4 adults in there no problem. I'd start out with 6 young fish and grow them out, see which 4 get along better, keep them, then sell the other 2.
You may want to consider finding the clown's new homes, they are pretty boistrous and a 55 really isn't large enough for them anyway.

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
My "master" plan is to get a 100..or at least a 75 for the clowns. They are boisterous and I like that about them.

Should I wait until I get the other tank to get the discus? Hoping to talk DH into it for Xmas unless I come up with a deal before then. Then switch the clowns and gouramis to the larger tank and leave the established 55 for the discus. And they are harlequin Rasboras.

I am in a fish club and we have auctions twice a year. Discus are a hot item. I could get 6, grow them, pick the ones I want to keep and sell the other 2 easy. Are you in business for the long term or is this just surplus stock you are selling?

NatakuTseng

Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
Long term, I'm working on making an initial order with a very highly respected hatchery, I need to order at least 1 box of fish in the 2.5" case, I would need to order at least 25 discus. I'm basically just trying to pass the best prices possible on to hobbyists, I see some of the prices discus go for and its absolutely ridiculious, its not helping spread the hobby out to other people, so my goal is to pay for my own hobby, while getting others into it cheaper than I had to. If your serious about this, PM me with your e-mail and I will get you a pricelist and also let you know where the fish are coming from. I can't say when I would be able to make my initial order, since it depends on interest from others, as soon as I could get 25 fish accounted for and paid for, I can make an order, get the fish here in a couple days, and put them through a 2 week Q period, and then get them shipped out after that, or tryin to get the funds to just order a box myself and sell them afterward. PM me though, I have a more formal price list set up, along with pictures.

NatakuTseng

Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
I would post pictures and such in here, but for all the strains and sizes it wouldn't be worth it, I have a nice pricelist set up, so just PM me or e-mail me at GreenMountainDiscus@gmail.com with the subject Discus Pricelist and I will get one off to you.

NatakuTseng

Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
Clean pigeons are pigeon bloods that have almost none or no peppering.

"Dirty" Pigeon:

"Clean" Pigeon:

Any of the 6-7" fish are former breeders from the hatchery I am getting them from, most average around 2 years of age (with an average life span of 10-12 years they aren't that old) and are most likely proven fish. If you ordered 4-5 of them you could very well end up with 2 pairs, but just about gaurenteed a pair that will produce fry with the right water conditions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store