questions on discus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jpenny84

AC Members
Mar 16, 2005
detroit michigan
hey everyone i just got a new 40 gal tall tank(upgraded a twenty long-same rocks, decor, water,and filter). i woke up the next morning and had the idea to get two discus. i heard they were tough to keep,(but i also hear rams were and i have had no major probems with them.) i got two discus and put them in. the two rams completly ignore them and continue their little squabbles, the danios and tetras and corries leave them alone. the discus dont bother any other fish. ive only seem them fight once when i tried to feed the bigger one and the little one kept taking his food. but after that when i feed all the fish they all seem to get enough food. does this tank sound like its going ok or is it a disaster waiting to happen?

XSeaNX

Giggity-Giggity-Gig-a-ty
May 21, 2005
I think if you are using the same bio-filter that you are going to recycle the tank by adding 2 larger fish at the same time....beyond that? doesnt sound too bad. Keep in mind discus are carniverous and might pick off smaller fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store