damsels + clownfish=babies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vietboi

AC Members
Jun 13, 2005
Florida
omg my percula clown fish mated with a blue damsel fish the babeis look tight rithe now its blue with like 3 small wihte strips.

Gealcath

AC Members
Nov 9, 2003
Visit site
Its possible, clowns ARE Damsels as they are apart of the same familily, it would be no diffrent then 2 diffrent dog breeds producing puppies.

Wasga

AC Members
Jun 13, 2005
Michigan, USA
interested in selling them?

vietboi

AC Members
Jun 13, 2005
Florida
no my friend does not have a digital camera and no i am not gonna sell one some of them mite die they are about 3 mili long now and its just like a regular clown fish but just insted of orange its blue..

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Gealcath said:
Its possible, clowns ARE Damsels as they are apart of the same familily, it would be no diffrent then 2 diffrent dog breeds producing puppies.
Dog breeds are the same species, Canis familiaris, but they can certainly crossbreed with members of the same genus, such as wolves or coyotes. Interestingly, DNA analysis a few years ago showed that all dogs are derived from wolves. Even pugs.

Clowns and damsels aren't even in the same genus, or subfamily for that matter. That would be more like a fox breeding with an African wild dog.

I am very dubious of this until I at least hear details of the spawning and rearing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store