Some pics (at last)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

carpguy

lots of small fish
Jul 15, 2002
nyc
Visit site
I was finally able to offload the pics on my digital camers (my poor mac is starting to show its age, had to go visit the folks new machine :rolleyes: ).

These are two collages of the tank and its inhabitants, I'll try to post another thread tomorrow with some pics from the spawning/bubblenesting incident. Neglected to get any good pics of the SAE :eek: .

The top is a full shot of the 30g. Zebra Loaches, Redtail rasbora, and Golden Dwarf Barbs are across the bottom.

The big pic is above the loach caves and in front of the ambulia grove. A Dwarf Barb is swimming above the driftwood with both Pearl Gouramis below and a Zebra Loach at bottom. Side pics are the female Pearl kissing the surface and one of the Eye Spot Rasbora (these guys are fast and skittish -- hard to get a good pic).

Hope you like it.

Stephen

There's always a bigger fish...
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
Great pics. The tank looks so natural.

wetmanNY

AC Members
Now carpguy, are those pieces of the Mountain Laurel we were posting about a while back? "Ex-cellent" (J. Montgomery Burns)-- handsome as the Mopane wood is, it starts to have a kind of "seen that" LFS sameness, repeated tank after tank. These branches are looking natural-- well, as Firefighter has just said...

carpguy

lots of small fish
Jul 15, 2002
nyc
Visit site
Yes WetMan, that's the mountain laurel. Here's some smaller bits in the new 10g setup (the dwarf barbs were supposed to move in here with a trio of honey gourami, but I decided to tear it down to put in the flourite. I want to recycle it fishlessly to plant it as a crypt tank. Hoping the colonies weren't entirely deystroyed).

I love the stuff and thank you again for the all clear. I was a little worried about using it. No problems to date. If you want any, I'm still hiking…

(I cleverly hid a self portrait in the front glass)

Mongrel

I am just a mere member
Nov 29, 2002
Mass
home.attbi.com
How do you people get such clear pictures of your fish. I have a good 35 mm camera and I tried all different ways of doing it, still can't figure it out. I don't have a digital. I don't think that matters though.

Mongrel's Place

:confused:

waterspirit

Charlie don't surf...
Dec 11, 2002
Oak Grove, KY
Visit site
Wow, nice pics. The tank looks a lot bigger than a 30 gallon in the picture. Very nice setup. By the way, what are you shooting with?

djlen

Fish?.......What Fish?
Aug 19, 2002
Somerdale, New Jersey USA
Great tank and really great looking pictures Carpguy. And I like the way you call it a bubble nest "incident". I have some experience with gourami spawns, so I think I know what you're talking about.
Len

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
carpguy,
I like the looks..! The driftwood is nice, as well as the rocks lined up like that. :)

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by Mongrel
How do you people get such clear pictures of your fish. I have a good 35 mm camera and I tried all different ways of doing it, still can't figure it out. I don't have a digital. I don't think that matters though. :confused:
Do you have a "Macro" setting on your camera? It's for close-up shots. Also use high shutter speeds, a tripod (not absolutely required though..), use a flash (try some pics without flash too, just to see the diff), when using flash - don't take the pic directly in front of the glass - this will cause a bad reflection of the flash.. These are just basic tips you may already know... :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store