"God and religion" comment form one of the threads

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Ethos said:
"I never heard of Jesus ever saying "Everyone is entitled to their own religious beliefs, so I won't bother you with mine."

It basically means that, you know how some people saying stuff like
"Well, I should be able to decided my own religion."
And,
"There might be more than one God you know. God might share heaven with buhhda. I believe all the Followers of your God will go to Your Gods side of heaven, while my god has the other half."
Ect,
It just means what it says.
Alos, it means that just because you believe something differnt from me, doesn't me I'll leave you alone if we get into a debate o\r start talking religion.
But I'm not here to start a religion debate.

KeyLimePie said:
I thought your quote implied that you have zero tolerance for other religions - most of which, frankly, are much older and more established than Christianity. *shrug* I guess I read it wrong.

Well....God has no tolerance for other religions....He's pretty clear in His book on that for anyone who bothers to read it...however He does give each of us the right to choose what we will believe...it's just that it's His way, or the highway....sorry......after all.....He's GOD...and we aren't (shrug)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist this one folks......and I know religion is a hefty subject and I do believe that God forces no one to believe or follow Him....but there is only ONE cure for what ails us all...sin...and that is in the payment God Himself made at great cost...through Jesus Christ His Son. You either believe in Him or you don't....it's up to you. But He is the ONLY way to the Father...He said so Himself I don't think I have EVER heard anyone accuse Jesus of being a lunatic...not even those who don't believe in Him as Lord and Savior.

Watcher74

Senior N00b
Feb 5, 2004
Texas
Visit site
I was certain that there was a sticky stating that one of the rules about posting in General Chit-Chat was no religion threads. But I don't see it now.

This is a fish forum. We come here to learn and to save fish, not souls.

I don't come here for this and it is nothing but trouble. Religious beliefs should not be mentioned here.

led_zeppelin

AC Members
May 8, 2005
SE Michigan
i am on that guy who makes the spaceship appears mailing list ,yahewa or somethin like that, anyway he says jesus was homosexual, i was quite surprised to hear that one!

sorry watcher i just had say it :eek:

Riso-chan

The Blue Girl
Jan 17, 2005
Florida, USA
I don't trust books written by the hand of another human being, I do believe their were good people like Christ who did walk the earth at one time, but I don't believe he or any of those others would want us all to live as if we were complete slaves to them and their teachings. I think that he would want you to take their teachings for what they're worth and to decide your own unique path. I do not believe an all loving God would want us to live in fear of sin, after all, he knew we would commit sins regardless. He/she would want us to go and struggle forward to find our way in the world.
BTW, one thing I strongly dislike concerning religions is the preached discrimination against certain groups of people. These groups generally include ***s, lesbians, people of differing religions, women(for supposedly being born with original sin.) etc. I refuse to believe that these people are guilty of anything unless they've commited an illegal crime. One of the many reasons I feel this way is because I have people in my own family who fall into these groups. Now, I do respect others' right to have their own opinion, but I'll be damned if anyone speaks out against my family. I even feel for people who aren't in my family for these very reasons. I don't understand what they do wrong in others' eyes, but in my eyes they are human.

flyfly

follow me on twitter @flyfly_mackay
Jan 21, 2005
Portland, OR
www.myspace.com
Watcher74 said:
I was certain that there was a sticky stating that one of the rules about posting in General Chit-Chat was no religion threads. But I don't see it now.

This is a fish forum. We come here to learn and to save fish, not souls.

I don't come here for this and it is nothing but trouble. Religious beliefs should not be mentioned here.
I remember that sticky, it is in the rules somewhere. Personally, I dont mind either way. If you are offended by it, there are plenty of other threads to read :thm:

mishi8

Go fly a kite!
Jan 13, 2005
Alberta
What did happen to the sticky regarding posting guidelines? Religious discussion has no place in an aquarium forum, it only leads to fights and flaming. I believe the same goes for in-your-face signatures too.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
This is a General Chit Chat Forum.

I think 98% of us are civilized GCC chatters.

I brought up the Department of Defense document about the 'koran/Quaran' since it's relelvant in the times we live.

To quote from the holy Bible, or what Mohhamend says is true, should not be a part of GCC. Preaching ones' beliefs of religion, should be on a totally different website.

However, GCC = Generat Chit Chat ---Topics that do not have to do with aquariums --- free-flow, basic chat area.

And - we can keep that chat going without arguing.............

Nov 15, 2004
Dale W. said:
" guidelines for posting in GCC
These are the basic rules when you register with Aquaria Central. Until we put up a more detailed list of do's and dont's, please abide by these rules and lets keep GCC open.

The One thing that I will askof you besides the rules that are posted here are:

Please keep religious and political threads out of GCC (and AC for that matter) until we figure out what to do with them.

Thanks to everyone for helping out here and for caring about Aquaria Central.

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please press the Agree button at the end of the page. Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13. If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form.

Although the administrators and moderators of Aquaria Central Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Aquaria Central Forums or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Aquaria Central Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

It looks like I need to define political and religious posts here.

The key word is debatability.

acceptable posts in the political range would be defined as one that may be a political joke or something of amusement such as: Bush was seen with his fly open or "did you hear the Al Gordon spelled potato with an e on the end?"
unacceptable posts would be of a debatable nature such as: a decision that was made by the senate committee and put up for ballot or "bush is the biggest PITA and is good for nothing". These threads would cause heavy debate and arguments in the end.

acceptable posts in the religious realm would be defined as: A poster asking for help because they have a sick relative. A poster putting a picture up that he/she has drawn that may have religious content but the poster is posting it in regards to the artwork and not the content i.e.: " I drew this picture last night, what do you think of my art form?"
Unacceptable posts would be of a debatable nature such as: The reality of Moses, Bible quotes, debating the different religions. These threads could also cause heavy debate, arguments and hurting people.

I will again post what I have lived by on the boards.
Attack the issue, not the person.

I personally don't care what sex (or preference), color, race, or what ever you are. You are all people to me and that should be kept in mind when you post on the boards. What you post may not hurt you but it may hurt others and any post that is attacking any one person will get deleted.

Please make use of the smilies that I have added awhile ago in your posts . You need to remember that people can not see the expression o your face when you are posting. This results in a post that some people will take seriously that was meant as light humor or something different than the reader is reading . Sounds pretty simple right? That way we wont get mad and we will all be having more fun . This will also help people from getting hurt

Thanks everyone"

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
I agree with you there Mish.....I think signitures should be kept reader friendly myself, there are a few here that I could find offensive if I let myself get all touchy about such things (like this one here directly above me for example).....I'm glad I don't.

However, I just couldn't resist having my say, since these folks were having thiers....and I believe that there are plenty of topics here in this "general chat" topic area that have nothing whatsoever to do with fish or aquariums......like......"your favorite breakfast cereal" and "if you were a potato"........

So....I saw no reason why I couldn't make a comment about someone else's comments........only.........I chose not to do it in that particular thread.....because it was off topic for sure.

Now having said that......I made the title of this thread quite clear...anyone who doesn't wish to discus this topic has many others to choose from here and is quite free to skip this one entirely..... ;)

I wasn't aware of the rule of no religious or political topics...or I wouldn't have posted this one....tempted to or not......the powers that be here can delete it and probably should........but I can't..or don't know how...... :huh:

Last edited:

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
Emg said:
Well....God has no tolerance for other religions....He's pretty clear in His book on that for anyone who bothers to read it...however He does give each of us the right to choose what we will believe...it's just that it's His way, or the highway....sorry......after all.....He's GOD...and we aren't (shrug)
I better get this in before lockdown.

God is Very clear about tolerance for other religions in this from God Himself: "I am the truth the way and lhe Life. No one comes to the father except through Me." That's pretty exclusive. He also said "You must be born again"

Yes, He gives us free will to choose what we will, but why not choose the truth? "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store