*Finally* Elec. Blue Jack!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
I stopped by my buddy Steve's pet store this weekend to pick up some java fern lace, and as I did the usuall browsing of fish tanks, I was stopped in my tracks when I saw a tank with about 6 or 7 baby electric blue jacks.

I almost had a heart attack since I've been wanting one of these fish for a long time, but I've never been able to find them. Plus, he has a really good price on them, $19.99.

They're still very young, only about 1.5 - 2" but all of them have full bellies and are very active. So I picked one up and it's in my 6g for grow-out right now. Eventually, it will reside in my 180g, but I'd like to grow it out a little first.

I can't find my digicam right now, but when I do, I'll post pics.

Serg

BTW, the java fern lace is cool too, haha.

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
Stix87 said:
thats a pretty nice fish. Im buying an eletric yellow soon. thinking of getting 2 or 3. What size tank did u put the lil guy in?
Electric yellow? Is that like the gold dempsey? Be sure to post pics!! :D

Right now he's in a 6g for grow-out (he's very small, and timid). I'm afraid that if I put him in the 29g, he'll be too stressed by the small fast moving fish. And if I put him in the 180g right away, he'll get hunted by the bichirs.

I'm going to use a ladder.........for now he's in the 6g, then he'll be moved to the 29g, and when he's large enough, he'll eventually live in the 180g.

Serg

Edit: To the noobs, please, if you're going to put a fish in sub-sufficient housing, make sure that you either: A)Are using it for grow out, B)Already have, or know (for certain, as in you already have enough money) that you will be buying a large enough aquarium soon. Thanks.

Last edited:

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
VERY nice looking fish you got there! I want one myself!

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
I know, I've been looking for one for about 2 years now, so I jumped on the chance when I finally found them. The only thing is that he's only eating live worms right now.

I'll keep trying frozen bloodworms and shrimp pellets, maybe he just needs to grow more on the worms? At least he's eating though.

Serg

BTW, thank you for your compliments on my jack. :D

TONO

AC Members
Jan 5, 2005
Dang!! thats an awsome looking electric blue it will look so nice in six months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store