Pictus has Ich

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AyrishGrl

Registered Member
Jun 20, 2005
We just added a 4 line Pictus to our tank which already has 1 Oscar. We quarentined the Pictus for almost 2 weeks with no sign of illness or disease. Two days after putting him in the larger tank (75G) he is scraping and showing signs of Ich. We have salted the tank and have raised the temperature. Should we salt the tank daily? Or do you just salt it once? I think we have the temp up to approx. 85 degrees. The Oscar is showing no signs of infestation. The last Pictus we had died of Ich only days after getting him as we didn't know how to treat for it then. We don't want to lose this one too.

AyrishGrl

Registered Member
Jun 20, 2005
I did read the article prior to posting, but it was not clear (at least not me) if I needed to treat with salt daily or just once at the beginning.

dave76

Home Zookeeper in Training....
May 13, 2003
Midlothian, TX
dodaniel.tripod.com
Salt does not evaporate or leave the water except for when you change the water. So no it is not necessary add salt unless you change the water, which you should do frequently to remove the ich from the substrate.

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
For future references try to keep your water as clean as possible, a clean tank always has less disease or parasites, regular maintenence is a must. Goodluck with the ich treatment. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store