Thinking of starting a brackish tank...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

20 20

AC Members
Jun 22, 2005
And of course I have some questions. The tank I'm considering is a 120 gallon tank. Might have to go as low as a 75 gallon, though. I'd like to keep mono's, scat's, and archer fish, can they all be kept in the same tank? I know they grow large, how many could I reasonably put in a 120 gallon tank? I'm assuming a sump would work fine for brackish water filtration, is that right? Would puffers have an issue living with the afore-mentioned species? Does anyone have any links to picture galleries of well decorated brackish water tanks?

hmmmm...

I guess that's enough questions for now! ;)

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Welcome to Aquaria Central and sorry for the delayed response. I have a horse farm and this is its busy season :). Anyway, Monos and Scats will do great together, the only problem is both require saltwater as adults so that deletes the ability for the Archer to live happily with them. I would say with a 120 you could probably do a school of 4 Monos and maybe 4 Scats. hard to say as it can vary based on filtration, water quality, etc.! If you wanted to do puffers I would do a saltwater species once the others have some size to them (are able to go in saltwater). Don't know of any links but might try a search on google! Anyway, hope this helps and again welcome!

luvmyfish

AC Members
Jun 27, 2005
I am sooooo jealous! I can't wait to set up a brackish tank...but that is still quite far in the future for me...I plan on having a school of 5-6 silver tips.
Keep us posted! :thm:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store