How to make an angel peaceful...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Mar 10, 2005
Columbus, OH
I want to get an angel fish, but want it to remain peaceful... Is there any number that I should get in order to help this... Because my logic says two would pair off and be mean, with three two would pair off and kill the other than the same problem will occur. So Im leaning towards one

JSchmidt

Cowbell! I need more cowbell!
Jun 27, 1999
IL, USA
www.wiu.edu
A single angel is often less plucky than angels kept in groups, but they are still cichlids and they can be feisty. Would they be housed in the 75g tank in your sig, or are you planning another tank?

Jim

ashdavid

In Search Of Better Water Quality
Mar 27, 2005
Japan
If the tank was big enough you should not have a problem with aggression and I would say about 4-5 angels or more, if the tank allows, would be good. ;)

luvmyfish

AC Members
Jun 27, 2005
I started out with two angels...one aggressive one passive. Well after a couple months of getting picked on, the passive one grew twice as big as the aggressive one, and the tables turned. The passive one became the aggressor, and needless to say, I now have one angel...so there are never any guarantees!

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
its eather 1 or mroe then 6 to keep then preaceful.
i got 1marble angel about 2inches tall and he keeps to himself and somtimes swimings around with my glowlight tetras. And play with my clownloaches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store