C'mon guys, I need help with my filter.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
There is too much water being sucked up and it's comming aout of the area of the intake tube. (Penguin 125) I cleaned the entire filter, the media, and the intake tube, and there is still too much water. I checked the very bottem where the little propeller is and everything is free to move around. Please help.

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
The only time my penguin 125 overflows around intake tube is when the filter is dirty. It gets dirty enough to do that after a week. I have to replace the filter every 3-4 weeks. I'm thinking about cutting sponges to fit the penguin filters but haven't done it yet.

good luck
:)

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
If it overflows without the filter pad and biowheel in place, your tank may not be level. There's a plastic tab that holds the hob body away from the tank, is it still there?
good luck
:)

Yukon

AC Members
Nov 14, 2000
Wooster, OH, USA
Check that the impellor and its shaft are fully seated and that the intake tubes end is seated properly around it. Are there little plastic ends to the impellors shaft that you may have misplaced? This could cause the impellor to spin wildly and possibly cause the overflow. All just a guess, I've had problems with impellors and their magnets before. Also check that the pocket the impellor seats in is cleaned out. The impellor assembly acts like it doesn't come out but it does, and is replaceable. Buy a replacement impellor, they come with a new magnet and any other pieces that are required and are not usually expensive.

ewok

Senile Member
Jun 11, 2002
new haven ct.
i would check it closely for blockages and restrictions, incorrectly installed tube and other parts too. maybe the water flow is redirected up somehow..... instead of sending it into the box it is fountaining.

:confused:

FishBait

triggerhappy
Nov 27, 2002
Wilmington, NC
Visit site
How much is actually overflowing? When I worked at the lfs I installed several new Penguins and a few of them still had water flow over the inlet tube section, not much though. I think some of them are just going to do that as several of my customers also asked me about it. I wouldn't think it's a big deal, unless you're talking about alot of water coming flowing out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store