Saltwater shark found in freshwater Lake Okeechobee ..(duh...)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Hope the link works..it's a long link...

This is about a riduculous "mystery" of the shark, when anyone with some understanding at all of Florida's waterways will know, the Intercoastal Waterway (saltwater), links with the St. Lucie River which also connects to Lake Okeechobee. Yes, the lake is freshwater - mainly, but Tarpon and Snook have also been caught in that lake.

It's sad this event of the "shark in freshwater" has no research whatever behind it!

Link: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...hark,0,2742530.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
I haven't read the link, but judging by what you say (and what I've heard/read) doesn't that happen somewhat frequently? The finding of SW species in FW waterways?

swreefer

AC Members
Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The officials can't fugure out if it is a nurse shark or a bull shark?
There is a big difference between those two.
I wonder who the idiot "officials" were. Probably Florida F&G.

Raskolnikov

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
swreefer said:
The officials can't fugure out if it is a nurse shark or a bull shark?
There is a big difference between those two.
I wonder who the idiot "officials" were. Probably Florida F&G.
According to the report, officials said that it was a nurse shark. The news reported that "locals thought" that it could be a bull shark. Why anyone would even report that second part is lost on me, but then again my disgust with the media in general is another topic.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Certainly doesnt look like a nurse shark. If it is, then its badly disfigured and missing some fins.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store