Discus Spawn

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
Just thought I would share this with all of ya. The pair spawned about 4hrs ago (from time of posting). Not expecting them to care for the fry, but hoping, the Blue Scorpion male isn't a very good father and eats the free swimmers, but I'm givin him one more chance.

Male Scorpion tending to the eggs:

Female Blue Turquoise:

Male Blue Scorpion:

The Pair:

Both are around 7", I don't expect them to do much more growing, they may get to 7.5" but that will be another year or so down the road. Hope ya all enjoy! :)

NatakuTseng

Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
20ish times I'd say. I haven't been in a big rush to get fry outta them, they'll throw mostly turqs and maybe a few snakeskins. The female is blind in one eye from a shipping accident. The guy that shipped them to me was extremely incompetent we'll leave it there. Its simply a miracle those two are still alive even. The ammonia in the shipping water (what was left of it after the bag they both were in broke) was off the charts you could smell the water real bad, their pectorals and ventrals were pretty much burned completely off. That was about 8 months ago and you can see how they are now. Thanks for the compliments. We'll see how things go.

NatakuTseng

Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
So far so good, only a couple eggs are turning white and weren't fertilized. I'm sure there will be more to come in the next day. Expecting hatching to come around 2pm-4pm tommorow. Sorry about the quality of the pictures as well, but the lighting needs to be really subdued in the spawning tank to settle the parents down and prevent spooking. Without good lighting on it, the picture quality sucks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store