I think I am cracking up and burned out

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
I can't handle simple stressors anymore without feeling like there is already a ton on my shoulders.
My ex (my 3 oldest children's biologic donor) is the most pig headed, stubborn, idiotic, ding bat in the whole world. He has decided that after not being a consistant presence in my kids lives that now he wants to play "I'm the perfect dad" My kids are confused and stressed over it my 17 year old son moved out of my house and in with my mom and dad to get away from his constant barage of "this is what I want and nothing else matters", my 14 year old wishes he could do the same. My 12 year old bursts into tears for no reason at the dinner table or we will be watching tv and all of a sudden he is crying. I'm a nervous wreak, trying to keep a smile on my face whenever I ask my ex-idiot if we can sit down and discuss the problem like adults, he yells obscenities and threatens to take me back to court because I'm "denying him his visitation" right and that is why over the last five years (when he moved back to the state of Maryland) whenever he has called and wanted to see them (sometimes going for 6 months without calling) I would say 80% of the time I have let them go because I felt it was important to keep open some kind of channel of communication between him and the boys no matter how tenuous it was. The other 20% would be when he would call at 11pm on a saturday and want them at 8 the next morning, I kept telling him I needed more than a couple hours notice.......duh.............So now he wants them for a month and is throwing a temper tantrum (i.e. probably at some lawyers office or at the court house filing papers as I type this). The strange thing is that he didn't start this garbage until he got himself a girlfriend, I mean I don't know if he is trying to impress her by making it look like he was a good father for the last 10 years or if since she has no children of her own she is pushing him, thinking to integrate herself into their lives and thereby show my ex how much she "loves" my children so she can stay with him.
On top of that I am taking a summer course Intro to chemistry it's been 9 years since I took a class and it's a tad wearing trying to find my "college" legs again.
Then there is work we have had more drunks and drug addicts come through lately than we have in a long time and I dread going to work because I know I will end up having to wrestle with some idiot in the DT's. This weekend was horrible, when I got up this morning I could barely move my shoulders and back and down my right side was hurting so much from trying to protect these idiots from hurting themselves or anybody else and I end up getting my butt kicked.
Anyway I had to vent to someone and since you are the only ones around that I feel comfortable venting to at this time (pretty sad eh). Sorry for the long rant :shark:

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
Don't apologize, GEL. You're ex-deadbeat sounds like a real prick. Can I say that?

Anyway, I feel sorry for your kids. Your ex-prick has decided to use them. That's so wrong. I really hope things work out for you and your children.

Lila

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
:thud: oh geez GEL.... I hardly know what to say except that you shouldn't even have to think twice about coming here to vent to this fish family..... we are here for ya girl, and always just a click away.... all my best with all of it...

happychem

redorkulated
Dec 9, 2003
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Sorry to here that GEL. Sounds like he's being totally unfair, I hate it when people give no consideration to others, i.e. calling at 11 to see the kids at 8am. I hope that it all works out for the best for you and your kids.

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
Thanks girls I think I might turn into my 12 year old and burst into tears for no reason and see if it helps. My poor husband I am married to now is having to put up with all this garbage too and he has been the soul of support, if I didn't have him I probably would be in a funny farm somewhere making faces into a mirror by now. :hang:

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Its really great that you have someone else in the house to help you out with everything! I hope things settle down for you. Maybe you could write this ex a letter?!? A little lame maybe, but it avoids the confrontations that don't seem to be going well, and you can still make your points heard in a rational and well thought out way. This is assuming he would read it :mad2: . Its a shame that you even have to consider that this new show of emotion may be to impress some new girlfriend... What a #*#* :mad2:

Hang in there :hang: !!

flyingfish

time to play!
Dec 26, 2004
I'm sending you a shoulder and head massage through mental telepathy. If you have a long sock and some rice you can fill the sock, then freeze it. At bedtime you could just lie on your tummy and put the ice pack all along your back. I tried this the other night for a muscle pull, at least there's a simple solution for that problem, I wish I could help you with the other. Hang in there. Just keep swimmin' :eek: :dive2:

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
Lila Boffins said:
You certainly have a wonderful husband, GEL

;)
Now if I could just get him to finish off the new patio we got by filling in the dirt around it. :)

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
flyingfish said:
I'm sending you a shoulder and head massage through mental telepathy. If you have a long sock and some rice you can fill the sock, then freeze it. At bedtime you could just lie on your tummy and put the ice pack all along your back. I tried this the other night for a muscle pull, at least there's a simple solution for that problem, I wish I could help you with the other. Hang in there. Just keep swimmin' :eek: :dive2:

Thank you for the thought flyingfish but in my condition I would probably start beating the drunks at work with the sock filled with bars of soap. You ever try to reason with a drunk in the DT's, don't bother my guy the other night was a real winner he kept hollaring and trying to get out of bed kicking at everbody screaming "bi*** waitress won't bring me my beer and I paid for the f..ing thig" such a charmer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store