Angel Egg tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mookka

Fish Addict = poor man
Apr 4, 2005
My Tank is Finally setup and ready to rock!

I decided to go straight up Angels for my 55 gallon this time around as I have had 1 community and 1 gouramis species tank before. Heres the deal I have a 20 Gallon high that i think i could use as a rearing tank for the angel fry. I DO NOT want to put eggs in this tank because i have read that since they are aquarium breed they have no brood care instincts. Anyway recently i have been looking at the lfs at some really really small tanks maybe .5 gallons tops. Can I put eggs in here to harden up and hatch and then become free swimming and put them into my 20 gallon? I don't intend to mass spawn my angels i just want to do it once or twice so dont worry about me having like 50 eggs in the container.

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
I use 10gals for hatching tanks when I need too. Let the parents spawn a few times before you pull the eggs, they may rear for the fry/eggs. You also should get some Methblue to add to the egg tank to prevent fungus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store