goldex ammonia

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wilson004

AC Members
Jun 29, 2005
i purchased goldex ammonia at canadian tire today.its pure ammonia.it seemed like as much as i put in the reading wouldnt go up.so i tryed just straight ammonia in the vile to test and it tested non detectable.do you think there is something wrong with the test kit or the ammonia.i have a wardley ammonia professional water test lab kit.

icka

AC Members
Jun 16, 2005
Indiana
wardley products typically suck, you might have a dud kit or someone at the store or warehouse messed with it.

tuvok

AC Members
Dec 16, 2004
I have used that brand of ammonia to cycle a few tanks. I would suspect the test kit.

Arjuna

AC Members
Jun 9, 2005
New Orleans, LA
Ammonia has a distinct smell. If you can smell it all - the test kit should register an indication of it. If you can't smell the ammonia - then what you have is definitely not ammonia.

Warning - if it's real ammonia, you don't want to put your nose directly over it and snort -- THAT WILL HURT LIKE A MUTHA. Best to keep your nose well away from the bottle and gently fan your hand over the mouth in the direction of your nose. That way you can still get the smell of it - but not the adulterated gagging pain you'd feel from smelling it directly.

Take Care,
Mark

montrealraaj

Registered Member
Mar 10, 2009

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
One way to test your test kit with a known source of ammonia would be to do a test reading on your own urine. No question about the bottle of ammonia you bought that way. Rinse the vial out real well after that. lol.

(I know... but someone had to say it.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store