air pump or no air pump?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bubbler or no bubbler?

• yes

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • no

Votes: 24 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobP

AC Members
Feb 22, 2005
Crofton, MD
just trying to find out how many people use air pumps or bubblers,in thier tanks? just wondering because i want to stop using mine due to the fact that it make tiny little bubbles and makes the tank look cloudy.

Mykayel

AC Members
May 30, 2005
Yup, I don't have one because I'm doing a planted tank and any surface agitation decreases teh CO2 (not the O2).

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
I use an air pump in my Q-tank. You see, it uses a sponge filter, so I sort of need an air pump. I don't use an air pump on my planted 29 gallon community tank. You see, as mentioned above, the surface agitation helps gas off CO2. Also, someday, I plan on making a totally wacky 20 gallon long with flourescent pink and green gravel, neon colored fake plants and as many moving aeration ornaments as I can reasonably squeeze in without frightening the fish. I'll also have the obligatory ceramic "No Fishing" sign ornament and the ceramic or reson ship wreck on the bottom. It will rock. You will all be jealous. I will reign the aquatic hobbyist world and win prizes, fame and be fawned over by hot aquarist groupies...

*Ahem* Anyway, I didn't know how to answer your poll exactly. Air pumps have their place, it just depends on what sort of filtration and set up you have.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
If I deem it neccessary, I'll use one. Otherwise my answer is no.

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
My airpump and bubble wall has a pretty good job in my tank, they bubbles floats up and casuing the water to circulate so any other food or trash will float up and end up geting sucked up by my 2 filters. And i do hate the little annoying tiny bubbles they make, what i did to get rid of that was burry the bubble wall in my gravel all the way on the bottom. So it acts kind of like a bell and the bubbles build up enough power to float through the gravel witch is a pretty biger bubble then regular. About half an inch and biger.

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
mvigor said:
:( I'll just go watch my skeleton rise up from his barrel or my goldfish pick at his pink gravel now.

:cool2:
Trust me, I wasn;t knocking that kind of tank. I honest to goodness want exactly what I described. I LOVE that style of tank but decided to go with planted in my show tank for now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store